- South Dennis, MA
MA-28, Barnstable, MA, USA Req #12821
Monday, December 14, 2020
Gannett Publishing Services
The Primary role of the Distribution Manager is to manage daily field operations at company distribution center(s), including contractor oversight and employee hiring, scheduling, training and development.
- Manages, trains, schedules, and directs staff to ensure superior customer service.
- Recruiting and hiring of company staff and independent contractors.
- Initiates and Maintains IC contracts.
- Ensures deadline adherence for company owned and contracted products.
- Develops and maintains efficient and economically feasible route structures.
- Works closely with other company managers and employees to maximize operational efficiencies and sales opportunities.
- Ensures the physical property is operated and maintained in good order.
- Utilizing best practices to provide a safe, professional, and organized workspace for end users.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Solid computer/software skill and the ability to quickly master and train others on company-specific programs.
- 3-5 years' experience leading a distribution or transportation/logistics team in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to direct and motivate subordinates and contractors.
- Ability to understand and adhere to all company financial plans and schedules.
- Strong and concise written and verbal communications skill set required.
- Maintains a valid drivers' license in good standing.
College education, DTI-Specific software experience, forklift /PIT certification
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top