Gannett Publishing Services
Supports the distribution and allocation process of the daily and Sunday Muncie Star and
other publications with regards to single copy papers, mainsheets, advance
sections, product samples, delivery supplies and single copy equipment that are
to be delivered by agents or transportation contractors.
Essential job Duties:
Supports the distribution and allocation process to agents, contract haulers and
transportation contractors to ensure the manifested volumes of single copy
papers, mainsheets, advance section, product samples, delivery supplies and
single copy equipment are distributed as manifested. This can include the
actual loading/unloading of distribution carts, pallets, or bundles of
newspapers on trucks or to agents to supporting on-time distribution
process. From time to time maybe called on to operate a motorized or
manual pallet jack.
- Communicates verified shortages and overages the Logistic Coordinator for follow-up
- Completes and submits all load verification reports as required for single copy or home
delivery products as required.
- Notifies manager of any improper behavior by agents or transportation contractors.
- Special assignments or duties as assigned by the Logistics Coordinator.
- Helps to maintain the appearance and order of the transportation dock area and single
- Notifies management of the late agents and agent papers waiting to be delivered - in
emergencies may be called on to support the single copy zone manager abandon
- From time to time may be assigned to support or fill in as an operations coordinator
at distribution centers to complete necessary daily operations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good verbal communication skills
- Flexible to work any schedule
- Solid basic math skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Certified motorized pallet jack
- Dependable transportation is a must and
a non-restricted Indiana valid driver's license.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top