USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. We reach over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post, and have local brands present in 110 U.S. markets. We have a loyal following based on a combination of trusted, fact-checked journalism, innovative products, a deep commitment to our local communities, and our constantly iterating our products to be on the leading edge of media and technology.
Explore the possibilities as a Sr. Director leading architecture and development with an industry leader in digital publishing.
We are looking to add a strong technology manager who is a forward thinker, agile, and understands that growth happens through deep understanding of software architecture as well as empowering their team. This role seeks an individual who is able to articulate a vision and step outside of their comfort zone by embracing opposing sides for successful digital transformation.
- Managing a team of software developers and technologists in design and development of server-side applications.
- Iterative and agile application development practices in a fast-paced environment
- Consumer-facing digital technologies (web, mobile web, native mobile apps)
- Application architecture and design in a complex technical ecosystem.
- Content creation and curation workflows and tools
- Taxonomy, tagging, Natural Language Processing
- Drive adoption of true DevOps and delivery automation within the development team.
Product / Business skills
- Operate at the intersection of Technology and Product Development
- Consumer digital product landscape
- Act as valued partner and liaison with internal teams such content creators and editors in the newsrooms, as well as marketing, sales, and product development teams.
Management and communication skills
- Management of team of approximately 20 software engineers and systems architects
- Translate product and business goals into technical strategy and roadmap
- Vocal and engaged participant in product strategy conversations, with rich understanding of the consumer digital world
- Close collaboration with partner technology teams such as Platform as a Service and DevOps, infrastructure, data and analytics, cybersecurity, and program management
- Attract and retain key digital talent
- Build an engaged and creative team
- 10 years or more of relative work experience within Technology
- 6 or more years of senior managerial experience within Technology, Digital Media/Internet driven business experience preferred
- Knowledge and/or hands on experience within the cloud based platforms, cybersecurity and audience data and analytics
- Demonstrated leadership in executing against strategic and operational goals by managing workflows, allocating resources, identifying gaps and communicating and partnering with key stakeholders.
- Experience with budgets and schedules to meet corporate requirements
- Well versed in development of corporate methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- BS or MS in an Information Technology related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top