Director, Strategic Accounts - Grocery
The USA TODAY Network, part of the Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI), is a next-generation media company that empowers communities to connect, act, and thrive. Headquartered in McLean, VA we have unparalleled local-to-national reach, successfully connecting consumers, communities and businesses. Theiconic USA TODAY brand is comprised of 107 strong local media organizations in 33 states and Guam with more than 160 local news brands online and in the U.K. We provide rich content through hundreds of outstanding affiliated digital, mobile and print products. Gannett brands include The USA TODAY NETWORK, ReachLocal, SweetIQ, Grateful Ventures and U.K. media company Newsquest. Our goal is to re-imagine our traditional media roots. This is achieved by creating innovative products and services that leverage our role as an information provider and reach our customers whenever and wherever.
We have a key role for a Director of Sales, Grocery Segment. This role focuses on using cutting edge technology and delivering award winning solutions across all USA Today Platforms to drive the Grocery segment throughout the country. A strong focus will be integrating USA Today digital solutions both within Gannett markets and non-Gannett markets as our suite of solutions covers the entire country. A major focus will be on the large Grocery brands.
This is an opportunity to be part of The USA TODAY Network enterprise wide solutions sales team that will drive a retail industry transformation. Our team is tasked with building the strongest portfolio in the industry that will provide end-to-end digital marketing, wholesale and commerce solutions for Grocery segment customers. You will be part of an elite team of leaders across Gannett working to develop building exceptional business solutions for our clients so they can focus on what matters most to them - growing their business. Our teams capitalize on the utilization of data, leveraging for retention and strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the B2B, B2C, Grocery and Retail industries is a preferred along with showing strong use of strategy to move the revenue needle. We are looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with a strong sales background.
The successful candidate will provide inspiring results for Grocery clients, grow revenue within the entire country and has a strong foundation for strategic and tactical selling within a solution based sale. The ideal candidate will have delivered results in both "traditional" and "new" media environments.
- Communicating a clear vision for the Grocery segment customers. Should have the ability to clearly articulate the company mission and garner commitments that align and propel forward the organization's values, vision, strategy and goals.
- The incumbent will lead and manage a multi-media marketing solutions for the entire country focusing on a critical, large, local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- This role leads sales for all of our suite of solutions to grow market share within a designated account list through the combination of acquiring new business and increasing current client spend while increasing client satisfaction. A strong focus will be growing digital revenue within current accounts as well as utilizing to acquire new business.
- Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition to all goals and targets. Holds category accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Develops strong sales plans. Has a clear, formal, written plan to attack allocated segments in the industry.
- Embraces the value behind the world class sales vision and communicates regularly the importance of making progress on the "journey".
- Ensures execution and adoption of sales strategies, plans and best practices to increase digital and overall revenue growth and achieve budgeted goals.
- Collaborates with Sales & Marketing Division partners to execute programs that foster world-class sales behavior, values, development, and best practices.
- Advocate on behalf of the sales team to remove barriers as well as on behalf of management to ensure achievement of company objectives.
- Articulates the USA TODAY NETWORK's value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- Leverages multiple USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products. Proficient in USA TODAY NETWORK's premium digital capabilities.
- Collaborates with the team on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related area or equivalent experience.
- 5-8 years' sales experience with a proven track record in building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business. Sales experience with digital marketing products and services preferred, focusing on the large local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Incorporate comprehensive planning for selling existing and new products in a coordinated and long-term strategic manner while also maintaining a short-term hands-on approach.
- Proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable grocery segment. Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g., customers, prospects, key trends, and competitive media).
- Experience or exposure to the Challenger selling model consultative selling skills.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills. Ability to replicate skills and qualities in others to scale and accelerate success
- A track-record of innovation and initiative - Utilizes creativity and strategic thinking.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required. Must have strong time management and organizational skills. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure, ever-evolving environment.
- Experience in a leading-edge organization that makes a best-practices sale culture a top priority.
- Experience with CRM tools and is a champion for Salesforce.com.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace. An opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries. We provide an elite benefits package that includes: PTO & Paid holidays, Medical, dental, 401k, and other benefits. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top