Director, Financial Reporting
Director Financial Reporting
The Director of Financial Reporting is responsible for leading all aspects of financial reporting through the collaboration with business operations, corporate functions, and third party auditors and advisors. This includes directing and facilitating various teams, with the full ownership and accountability for ensuring quality deliverables through a controlled and efficient process and a continual focus on process enhancement. The ideal candidate will have strong technical accounting skills, SEC experience, ability to manage multiple projects, the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization (including our external auditors and advisors) and the skill to juggle conflicting priorities in a very fast paced environment. The Director of Financial Reporting will lead a team of 5 to prepare and analyze financial information. The position is based in Tyson's Corner, VA and reports into the VP/Controller.
- Lead and manage the preparation and review of all SEC reporting functions, including the annual report, 10K, 10Q, earnings release, 8-K, S-8 and XBRL tagging.
- Lead the global consolidation of worldwide financial results. Provide direction of the monthly close and consolidation process, including post-close activity.
- Lead and manage the preparation, review and audit of all the benefit plan financial statements
- Analyze key business drivers of financial information and prepare analytics that are used to evaluate results.
- Monitoring and research of new GAAP and SEC pronouncements; evaluation of impact to the company; assisting in the implementation of new business, accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Preparation and review of accounting for stock compensation
- Assist with the annual proxy preparation process and shareholders' reports.
- Preparation and review of financial debt covenants.
- Work directly with the auditors in coordination of the audit process.
- Participate in integrating new businesses from a financial perspective.
- Manage, maintain and improve internal control processes.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- A minimum of 10 years accounting and audit experience. Big "4" experience is required
- Strong technical accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP, SEC Rules & Regulations, and Sarbanes Oxley regulations
- Ability to build strong working relationships with operations and financial personnel
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with senior management and influence decision making
- Strong project management skills with the ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner in a dynamic environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to adapt to change
- Proficiency in Microsoft Professional Office Applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top