Director, CRM and Email Strategy
Director, CRM & Email Strategy
Gannett Co, Inc.– McLean, VA
Gannett is seeking a highly innovative, data-driven, customer-focused marketing director to lead its CRM and email program and product strategy. This position will help lead efforts in evaluating and executing an enterprise CRM strategy and solution, along with having responsibility for crafting and executing the email channel's overarching goals and objectives, and expanding email program efforts and channel growth.The successful candidate will lead the Email Marketing team and will help drive the strategic vision to create a 360-degree customer view.
The Director, CRM and Email Strategy will partner with the Sales/Marketing, Content, Product, Data Science, and Data Solutions teams to design highly relevant and engaging omni-channel journeys with Gannett products and experiences, and identify new CRM systems and tools for enablement.The position will also work with cross-functional team members to develop the email marketing program, increase customer engagement and acquisition, optimize email program monetization, manage email program performance, and drive optimization and utilization of the email platform.The successful candidate will have an advanced understanding of CRM best practices and capabilities, and understand the importance of content, technology, and analytics to drive marketing results.
This position will lead the Email program team and will support both B2C and B2B email strategies for the USA TODAY NETWORK.
- Partner with internal teams to identify, evaluate, and implement CRM strategy, systems, and automation
- Build, manage, and prioritize CRM development roadmap
- Develop and implement a network-wide email program and platform strategy
- Evaluate and optimize email platform with the aim of maximizing current and future functionality and features (and CRM integration)
- Manage vendor relationships with ESP and email agencies
- Drive the B2C and B2B email product development lifecycle in collaboration with product, data, content, and marketing teams
- Implement a centralized email marketing intake, workflow, prioritization process
- Identify and implement strategies to increase monetization from email marketing program
- Manage email marketing team and partners
- Establish key email and automation programs such as trigger, lead nurture, drip, and event marketing campaigns
- Establish reporting and channel insights to measure channel effectiveness and growth
- Create a test and learn discipline and environment to iterate maximize response
- Manage ongoing list health, cleanliness, compliance, and deliverability
- Partner with Digital Audience Acquisition and Data Solutions teams to drive omni-channel digital engagement and CRM
- Identify and develop strategies to support key customer segments
- Strong digital marketing experience focusing on CRM
- Hands-on experience with CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Oracle, SAP)
- 7-10 + years of email marketing experience from strategy to execution and deployment
- Extensive experience and demonstrated expertise in enterprise email platforms, technology, deliverability, engagement campaigns, A/B testing, and marketing metrics
- Seasoned experience in email marketing, segmentation, database marketing, direct response marketing and development of successful CRM lifecycle programs
- Ability to identify the metrics to drive success, measure KPIs, socialize understanding, and drive initiatives to completion
- Experience creating and managing product roadmaps, executing strategic initiatives, and managing direct and cross functional matrixed teams
- Understanding of email fundamentals: CAN-SPAM requirements, segmentation, performance metrics, etc.
- Highly conversant in digital media and marketing, such as understanding best practices for omni-channel content delivery
- Experience managing e-mail lists and actively growing lists for future development
- Salesforce/ExactTarget experience preferred
- Technical experience with SQL, and XML is a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree required.MBA a plus.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top