Director, Advertising Sales
The USA TODAY Network is searching for an energetic, results-oriented sales leader to be the top local executive on the Delmarva peninsula covering Ocean City, the Delaware beaches, Salisbury and the Eastern Shore of Virginia. This position reports directly to the President in Wilmington, DE and is responsible for building and leading high-performance sales teams dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to small, medium and large advertisers.
We are committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an engaged audience using a variety of sophisticated tools and resources, and provide our clients the integrated marketing expertise to help them meet their goals.
We are a consultative media company that provides our customers with a means to deliver their advertising message to the right audience in the most effective way with a full suite of solutions, including: SEO/SEM, social media marketing, targeted display, website design, email marketing, geo-fencing, hyper-local community print publications and more.
- Creates plan to grow total and market share, providing the appropriate mix of direction and strategy.
- Drives consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors. Routinely sets up opportunities to assess and coach sales staff.
- Ensures that sales teams consistently present products/services appropriate to client needs and ensure sales managers are constantly monitoring the "health" of the relationship between the client and Account Executive.
- Maintains a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition while holding staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives and KPIs.
- Recommends appropriate training and monitors for performance to address gaps and weaknesses, and to further develop skills and expertise. Anticipates new product launches and ensures that appropriate training is provided.
- Clearly articulates the company mission and garners commitment among the team for the organization's values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Inspires and motivates others. Leads by example and displays a "can do" attitude. Is creative, instructional and demonstrative. Fosters a positive work environment.
- Builds consensus among teams and other internal partners. Communicates and actively encourages a shared commitment to values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Takes ownership for recruiting while partnering with HR to execute strategy. Seeks to hire only world class sales people who meet our core competencies.
- Embraces and communicates World Class Sales vision. Drives initiatives for positive, constructive change. Looks for opportunities to encourage others to become an agent for change.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree or comparable combination of education/experience and/or training will be considered.
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years Sales management experience, previous digital experience preferred.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Proven record of successfully leading a sales team in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment. Ability to build and to manage a B2B sales organization. Ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g., customers, prospects, key trends, and competitive media). Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, both written and oral. Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment. Problem-solving and decision-making skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What we offer:
As a part of Gannett Co., Inc., the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
USA TODAY Network, owned by Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media and marketing solutions company that informs and engages more than 100 million people every month through its powerful network of broadcast, digital, mobile and publishing properties. Our portfolio of trusted brands offers marketers unmatched local-to-national reach and customizable, innovative marketing solutions across any platform. Gannett is committed to connecting people – and the companies who want to reach them – with their interests and communities. For more information, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top