Direct Sales Representative
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The Democrat & Chronicle, is seeking a Part-Time Event Sales & Marketing Representative to meet subscription sales goals, build the brand image and presence and assist consumer trial at the region's hottest events.
Candidates must be 18 years of age and older and have prior sales experience. The more you sell, the more you can earn!
This position requires flexible, non-traditional work hours. The ideal candidate will have a passion for interacting with the public, have a solid sales track record, be highly personable with excellent communication skills, and be highly confident and motivated.
This position reports to the Local Sales Manager.
- Attend The Democrat & Chronicle sponsored and local
events to sell newspaper subscriptions, with a focus on acquisition. (Event
- Coordinate events and onsite presence with Local Sales
Manager to maximize sales exposure.
- Deliver key benefits: Value, Relevance, User Experience
- Engage consumers with charisma and energy, not only to
deliver vital product talking points and demonstrations but to provide a
fun and memorable experience.
- Capture LEADS - demonstrate steps to Link, Like &
Love The Democrat & Chronicle on Facebook, democratandchronicle.com,
reporter email / newsletters, and more.
- Engage & Incentivize consumers in all product
offerings and sales plans.
- Provide product demonstrations via virtual reality,
video, interactive monitor, iPad, and/or mobile device.
- Discuss upcoming strategic editorial content offerings
and upcoming events.
- Possesses the ability to prioritize, adhere to
schedules and communicate regularly on project status.
- Must be able to work independently and also as a member
of a cohesive team. Has the physical stamina to set up and breakdown
kiosks, carry hand-outs and stand for extended periods of time.
- React to changes productively and handle other
essential tasks as assigned.
- 0 - 2 years of sales experience.
- Sales skills should be present along with strong
communications skills. (We provide training. We work with you to succeed.)
- Must be available to work daytime and non-traditional
hours, including some nights and weekends
- Time management and good organization skills are
- Must be savvy with social media and digital technology
- Travel is a requirement of the position; must
possess a vehicle, valid driver's license and car insurance.
Salary: Hourly paid plus commission with travel reimbursement for events.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top