This job is one of the primary digital editors for the newsroom, overseeing social-media content creation and promotion. The strategist works with reporters and photographers to produce and optimize content for social and search audiences and will work to develop and execute comprehensive strategies to grow our audience on those platforms. The strategist works with other newsroom strategists and planners to ensure that audience initiatives are driving growth and will embed with content teams to maximize the potential reach for high-interest coverage and special projects. Successful candidates understand that every conversation about content begins with digital and they work to support audience growth with their team members.
They are well-versed in understanding audience analytics and putting the lessons learned from that data into action.
Daily activities include:
- Ongoing conversations with reporters and photographers about stories, video and social platforms.
- Leading staffers with coaching, feedback, consistent direction.
- Using audience analytics to advise journalists on content-creations plans.
- Recognizes future coverage that has high-audience potential, and works with other newsroom leaders to craft appropriate coverage plans.
- Working with marketing/advertising to align content plans with potential revenue growth.
- Developing best practices for sharing/developing content for digital audiences.
About the Tennessean: The Tennessean is proud to be a part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering Middle Tennessee. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, the Tennessean, among the fastest growing digital news sites, is the place to be.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top