Digital Sports Reporter
The USA TODAY Network-Tennessee is searching for a sports writer to join our 20-plus member staff which covers sports from across the state.
This position would work directly with our high school team with emphasis in Sumner County.
The selected applicant should be digital savvy with the ability to shoot and produce video, as well as write features, enterprise and breaking news.
- Bachelor's in Communication, Journalism, or equivalent experience and education.
- Proven experience with advanced storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Proven experience editing and shaping sports and digital journalism
- Proven experience aggregating content and producing quick write-ups based on trending topics in sports. Presents a quick, conversational writing style that resonates with mobile and social audiences.
- Proficiency on social media platforms; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
- Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing industry.
Interested applicants should apply and also send their digital resumes, with at least five examples of digital storytelling, to Tom Kreager at [email protected]
We offer competitive pay and benefits including: Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Company Holidays, Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community, Employee Discount Program and more!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top