Digital Sales/Marketing Manager
The Digital Sales/Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, executing and monitoring subscription sales, retention, and engagement strategies in order to meet revenue objectives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: planning sales and marketing scheme for local sites, management of the day-to-day coordination and execution of local sales programs through direct marketing, event sales, social media, display advertising, mobile transactions, search engine marketing and eMail as directed by the Group Sales and Marketing Manager. Position must effectively collaborate and communicate with local newsroom and brand marketing teams and work closely with Group sales teams to develop local growth strategy. This Sales/Marketing manager should have a working knowledge of digital marketing and will be expected to research, implement and expand on direct marketing sales sources. This position reports to the Group Sales Manager.
- Effectively execute the sales and retention plans to grow subscription-based revenue across multiple platforms at specific properties.
- Increase engagement with subscriber offerings to increase loyalty and market penetration.
- Collaborate on and monitor integrated direct response campaigns using a variety of digital resources and tools, print ads, direct mail, email, inserts, as well as other internal and external available resources.
- Collaborate with local brand marketing, news and advertising teams on sales, retention and engagement planning.
- Communicate programs, results and accomplishments to Group Sales and Marketing Manager and local presidents. Communication of all promotions to local sites and to the CSC.
- Special projects as assigned by the Group Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers. Be professional, courteous and timely in every interaction, conveying to all external customers our appreciation for their business.
- College degree with specialization in digital marketing, event marketing and/or communications preferred.
- Five years of sales and marketing communications, or relevant business experience required.
- Must be digitally literate as it pertains to sales opportunities.
- Knowledge of social media marketing, search engine marketing, email and display preferred.
- Intermediate level use off Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of presentation software is a plus.
- Well-versed in knowledge of sales, sales methods, channels and analysis.
- Diverse marketing skills are essential for this position.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to develop and execute successful sales campaigns across multiple platforms to ensure budgeted sales and engagement goals are met.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet company-driving requirements.
- Must also be able to develop and expand relationships with vendors, internal customers, external customers and area businesses.
- Work independently and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top