Digital Sales/Account Executive
Illinois, USA • Indiana, USA • Iowa, USA • Kentucky, USA • Michigan, USA • Missouri, USA • Ohio, USA Req #17901
Friday, August 13, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Gannett/LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. We simplify local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
The primary responsibility of the Digital Sales Specialist is to increase digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with clients and MMSEs in field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities.
- Consistently meets/exceeds individual and the market's overall digital revenue targets
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all Gannett sales and marketing assets, including all digital products and digital marketing services and able to transfer the knowledge to clients and the MMSEs they supported; act as the market's " Champion"
- Drive sales and New Business Development.
Drives customer retention through excellent customer service
- Develops new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer individually and in team support
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market
intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-) at the account and territory level
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
- Spends significant time with MMSEs visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening
account relationships, uncovering revenue opportunities and driving revenue
Works in tandem with the Digital Sales Manager and Channel Sales Manager to identify revenue opportunities and in market support
- Helps drive consultative, customer-centric selling behaviors.
- Develops a strong sales plan with team and assist in the achievement of KPIs and digital revenue goals
- Collaborates with the Clients on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Ability to prospect new business via cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed
- Ability to close new business and exceed sales targets
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills
- Strong time management and follow up skills
- Organized with an attention for detail
- Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and reliable transportation
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business
- Must have prior experience with digital marketing sales
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience, preferably in outside sales
Back to top