Digital Sales Manager
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
The Commercial Appeal is seeking a strategic and tactically driven Digital Sales Manager. The Digital Sales Manager is responsible for building and leading a high-performance digital sales team dedicated to providing comprehensive media solutions to businesses. The Digital Sales Manager will have moderate- to high-revenue responsibility. Must have high digital acumen, an ability to clearly articulate our strong value proposition, have "challenger" skills, a hunger to win, a commitment to client excellence and to delivering results.
In this role, you will:
- Strives to achieve 120% of goal; minimum standard of performance is 100% of goal.
- Quota attainment and expectations are infused in the culture of the group.
- Ensures team's account portfolio isn't over leveraged in a few accounts and active accounts continue to grow.
- Takes ownership of numbers and expects same of staff. Manages top performers to greater heights.
- Champions Salesforce.com adoption and models correct utilization.
- Knows their "numbers", is always aware of performance to goal. Encourages team to focus on long-term profitable growth over near-term gain.
- Sales Leader has a clear, formal, written plan of market attack. Plan incorporates individual AE feedback, strategies, etc. Plan is designed to achieve company objectives and goals.
- Has a strong understanding of market competitors; develops strategies for selling effectively against the competition.
- Anticipates deal problems or roadblocks before they occur and implements strategies that prevent them from occurring.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Gannett 5 Step Sales Process
- Embeds coaching & feedback in everyday conversations with reps, making coaching a regular, even subconscious activity. Dedicates ample time to coaching top performers to further improve their skills, performance and build loyalty. Provides opportunities during Team Meetings for Best Practice Sharing and Learning and Development.
- Provides "on the job" training to address weaknesses as well as further develop skills and expertise. Recommends other appropriate formal training (internally or externally) to develop skills.
- Leads by example and displays a "can do" attitude.
- Embraces the value behind the world class sales vision and communicates regularly the importance of making progress on the "journey". Can shed the "this is the way we've always done it" way of thinking.
- Is able to work collaboratively with peers, senior management, and subordinates. Gains trust, support, and consensus of teammates for new ideas, etc.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven record of successfully leading in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Exceptional coaching skills.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of print and digital sales and marketing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers.
- Experience negotiating and influencing skills both written and oral.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience leading sales staff to achieve revenue goals and high performance.
- Demonstrated success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status. Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & TheMuse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top