Digital Sales Manager
The Clarion-Ledger Media group, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Digital Sales Manager. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
In this role, you will:
- Drive sales performance to exceed goals and represent the community by building strategic partnerships that improve position in the market place.
- Lead the local sales team to maintain a robust pipeline that ensures consistent goal achievement.
- Achieve budgeted revenue goals.
- Establish collaborative partnerships, relationships with peers and local clients.
- Build up digital revenue and increase average digital products per account.
- Collaborate with local market partners to develop programs that foster world-class sales management behavior, development and best practices.
- Analyze the marketplace and competition to determine the most effective sales strategies for increasing advertising revenues across all platforms.
- Develop deep understanding of market competitors including current clients, prospects, market trends, opportunities and competitive challenges.
- Ensure adoption and comprehension of auto strategy and tools by continued emphasis on data-driven sales by educating, implementing and executing key resources.
- Coach to World-Class Playbook, ensuring 100% adoption of Salesforce.com (SFDC) and use of SFDC as a foundation and scorecard.
- Performance manage against MBO goals.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
- Quarterback a top notch team: Receive excellent support from an account manager, a digital campaign manager, a marketing strategist and more.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You're a battle tested competitor with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You're an effective collaborator and build relationships internally and externally.
- You possess 3-5+ years of sales experience, including sales management.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results in complex solution sales environments
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental, Insights AND Challenger sales and leadership skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Experience working in industries undergoing change and transformation
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top