Digital Reporter - News
The Pensacola News Journal is searching for an innovative digital reporter to cover our youth development beat, covering the topics, news and events that impact our children and families from birth to graduation.
The ideal applicant is digital savvy with the ability to shoot and produce video, engage target audiences and who has the passion and skills to write specifically for digital audiences first whether it's features, enterprise or breaking news. We're looking for a candidate who consumes their news digitally and whose first instinct is to grab their camera when news breaks. deal applicants will be especially savvy with social media, using a variety of platforms to engage readers and drive web traffic. A willingness to be aggressive and open using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter Amplify, Snapchat and similar platforms is a must.
A strong preference will be given to applicants who have digital production skills, as the ideal applicant will be comfortable publishing content and handling SEO for his or her own stories. Must be an excellent collaborator and able to juggle shifting priorities for the digital and print platforms.
Interested applicants should apply and also send their digital resumes, with at least five examples of digital storytelling, to Executive editor Lisa Nellessen Savage at [email protected]
- Bachelor's in Communication, Journalism, or equivalent experience and education.
- Experience and comfort in production of video
- Experience across digital platforms including video, podcasts, social media, writing for mobile, etc.
- Proven experience with advanced storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of social media and how to engage audience on digital platforms in the public space.
- Able to multi-‐task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Works collaboratively within across-‐functional environment.
- Must embrace peer-‐to-‐peer feedback and training.
- Applies innovative, creative thinking to support the company's goals.
- Writing, spelling, grammar, AP and local style.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top