Digital Producer I
- Nashville, TN
Nashville, TN, USA Req #10104
Monday, February 3, 2020
Digital Optimization Team - Producer I
The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a digital producer to work in Nashville. The Producer provides editing, packaging and presentation across all platforms. Manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top quality content - with an emphasis on video, social and search engine optimization. Works with digital team leadership, editors, reporters and visual journalists to best display content on all platforms, using news judgment and creativity. Collaborates to maximize social media presence. The successful candidate will be team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role may include early morning, night and/or weekend work.
Typical Job Duties
- Manage home pages to engage a loyal audience.
- Sends breaking news alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content. Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Interacts with newsrooms across the USA TODAY Network to help our best journalism reach the best audience.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for digital publication.
- Provides packaging and presentation across all platforms, including mobile and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit.
- Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style. Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and make changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Chartbeat and Adobe analytics products a plus.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, working collaboratively to find solutions.
- Stays calm during breaking news situations.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- Previous experience in a newsroom is preferred.
- Strong news judgment
- Knowledge of AP style
- SEO knowledge
- Writing and headline-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top