Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The USA TODAY NETWORK - Tennessee is seeking experienced digital producers. The Producer provides advanced editing, packaging and presentation across all platforms. Manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top quality content - with an emphasis on video. Works with digital team leadership, editors, reporters and visual journalists to best display content on all platforms, using a high level of judgment and creativity. Collaborates with the digital team to maximize social media presence. Edits content before publishing to digital platforms or handing off to the Design Studio.
Typical Job Duties:
- Manage the home page, story pages and high traffic landing pages. Directs the flow of content, sending breaking news emails and alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content. Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for print and digital publication. Assembles, formats and ensures quality control on print content before it is handed off to the Design Studio.
- Provides advanced packaging and presentation across all platforms, including tablet, mobile phone and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Experience editing and producing social videos is highly desired.
- Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and direct changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Chartbeat and Adobe analytics products a plus.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, helping readers find answers and solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education; five years of experience writing SEO headlines; and experience with storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
Gannett provides a great work environment with a number of benefits to include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation, along with a number of additional benefits. Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.
About USA Today Network - Tennessee:
We are part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK and among its fastest growing digital news groups. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering Tennessee and beyond. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, the USA Today Network-Tennessee is among the fastest growing digital news sites and the place to be!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top