Digital Producer - DOT
- Nashville, TN
Nashville, TN, USA • Virtual Req #16573
Thursday, June 10, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Digital Optimization Team - Producer I
The USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a digital producer to work in Nashville. The Producer provides editing, packaging and presentation across all platforms. Manages the on-time and accurate delivery of top quality content - with an emphasis on video, social and search engine optimization. Works with digital team leadership, editors, reporters and visual journalists to best display content on all platforms, using news judgment and creativity. Collaborates to maximize social media presence. The successful candidate will be team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This role may include early morning, night and/or weekend work.
Typical Job Duties
- Manage home pages to engage a loyal audience.
- Sends breaking news alerts and adds video, SEO meta-data, hyperlinks, images and additional digital content. Writes effective digital headlines and summaries that help attract audiences. Writes engaging social posts that attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Interacts with newsrooms across the USA TODAY Network to help our best journalism reach the best audience.
- Optimizes, aggregates and packages assets for digital publication.
- Provides packaging and presentation across all platforms, including mobile and other social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Reddit.
- Edits sensitive content for publication-readiness, including clarity, fairness, legality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and style. Uses metrics to monitor real-time data, determine traffic patterns and make changes tied to the data. Familiarity with Chartbeat and Adobe analytics products a plus.
- Manages workflow to meet deadlines.
- Provides great customer service, working collaboratively to find solutions.
- Stays calm during breaking news situations.
- The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
- Previous experience in a newsroom is preferred.
- Strong news judgment
- Knowledge of AP style
- SEO knowledge
- Writing and headline-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
Back to top