Wilmington, DE, USA Req #9643
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
The News Journal and USA TODAY NETWORK Northeast are searching for an experienced digital producer to join the production desk based in Delaware at one of the USA TODAY Network's largest news sites and a hub of network coverage in the northeast. The position would also serve other sites in the northeast.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment and should have prior digital news experience. He or she will be a strong collaborator who can work closely with reporters, editors, designers and newsroom leadership. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of audience metrics, SEO and social optimization with the goal of growing audience.
- Optimizing, editing and posting content for all of the network's sites.
- Managing content on all native and social platforms.
- Creating and managing social media content and graphics on all platforms.
- Using metrics tools to help maximize the network's audience on all platforms.
- Managing workflow to meet deadlines.
• Bachelor's or master's degree in communications, journalism or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven experience with advanced storytelling techniques on multiple platforms.
• Proven experience producing quick write-ups based on trending topics.
• Presents a quick, conversational writing style that resonates with mobile and social audiences.
• Proficiency on social media platforms; including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities.
• Able to multi-task and excel under intense deadline pressure in a rapidly changing industry.
• Ability to act calmly and decisively in complex breaking news situations.
• Knowledge of AP style.
• Able to work early morning, night or weekend shifts.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
• Your resume - one to two pages.
• A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
• Links to 5 online samples of digital storytelling. Show us what you've produced or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top