The Asheville Citizen-Times in North Carolina, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking an experienced producer. The producer provides editing and packaging to stories across all platforms and manages the on-time delivery content. While this position is based in Asheville, the producer will work on a regional production desk that covers the Anderson (S.C.) Independent Mail and The Greenville (S.C.) News.
We're looking for a producer who will have the ability to:
- Help manage three websites and social media accounts as part of the Carolinas regional production desk.
- Send breaking news alerts and add hyperlinks, video, photo galleries and additional digital content to stories.
- Attract audiences and encourage readers to interact with social content.
- Produce videos for use in stories and social media.
- Edit content for publication-readiness.
- Use metrics to monitor real-time data.
- Work on both print and digital platforms, ensuring stories for the daily print publication are packaged and ready for the Design Studio.
Asheville is a vibrant community in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, and is home to some of the nation's best mountain biking, hiking and kayaking. It's also known as a top restaurant destination and boasts dozens of craft breweries.
Gannett provides a great work environment with a number of benefits to include medical, dental, vision insurance; 401k plan; paid vacation, along with a number of additional benefits. Qualified candidates should include cover letter, resume and salary requirements when applying. Employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment, post-offer drug screen.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top