We are seeking a multiplatform producer to join the USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin.
The job's responsibilities include:
- Optimizing, editing and posting content for all 11 of the network's sites.
- Managing content on all native and social platforms.
- Creating and managing social media content on all platforms.
- Overseeing print production for the network's 10 daily newspapers and numerous non-daily publications, in collaboration with the network's design studio.
- Using metrics tools to help maximize the network's audience on all platforms.
- Managing workflow to meet deadlines.
A successful candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment and should have prior digital news experience. He or she will be a strong collaborator who can work closely with reporters, editors, designers and newsroom leadership. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of audience metrics, SEO and social optimization with the goal of growing audience. This role may include early morning, night and/or weekend work.
- Experience working with social media for a daily news organization
- Ability to act calmly and decisively in complex breaking news situations
- Knowledge of AP style
- Aggressive mobile and desktop programming skills
- Excellent news judgment
- Top-notch writing and headline-writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
The USA TODAY NETWORK recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top