Digital New Business Development Account Executive
Ventura County Star, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an exciting new opening for a dynamic Digital Sales Account Executive - New Business Development. This position is responsible for establishing and building relationships with B2B and B2C organizations within the local market. The primary responsibility is to cultivate qualified leads, perform deep needs analysis of those leads, and securing meetings for presenting solutions to the potential clients.
We are committed to helping local businesses grow and succeed, thanks to our unmatched combination of unique content and advertising and marketing solutions. We deliver an ENGAGED AUDIENCE using a variety of SOPHISTICATED TOOLS and resources, and provide our clients the INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERTISE to help them meet their goals.
- Acts as the driver for new business acquisition. Meets or exceeds new business revenue goals. Individually competitive, with focus on a team selling approach.
- Adept at utilizing market and business vertical data to open doors and bring value to leads at the front end of the sales process. Passionate, lifelong learner, that keeps up to date on the industry and local business changes.
- Obsesses revenue responsibilities and performance to goal. Develops and works a pipeline of potential customers, produces accurate forecasts.
- Possesses a broad understanding of all products offered, and, how they meet the different goals of potential clients. Is skilled at articulating how these products could help businesses from a high-level perspective.
- Can build and execute on prospecting cadences that involve multiple messages and channels. Builds personal network to include connectors in the market that will make warm introductions.
- Is tenacious and relentless about finding the right people at the right companies with which to meet and share our story. Relishes in making calls and meeting with prospective clients all day every day. Enjoys a high-volume workload.
- Brings immediate value to potential clients by sharing new/different information.
- Is naturally curious and a master of asking the right questions to uncover potential holes or optimization in current marketing strategies, then ties need to quantifiable metrics that align with the goals of the prospect.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Promotes the value of the brand both in style and content. Is personable and professional.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator. Can effectively summarize meetings with prospects for the rest of the team.
- Self-starter that can plan for the week as well as the quarter and beyond. Highly efficient at managing a large prospecting pipeline.
- Manages all activity and opportunities in Salesforce. Utilizes the CRM as the hub for all client information. Shares and assigns duties directly from Salesforce to other members of the team.
- Drives initiatives for constructive change and looks for opportunities to encourage others to become agents for change.
- Works to build a consensus with sales team, support, management and other internal departments regarding strategy and execution of sales activity.
- Adapts to change quick and easily, is an agent for change and disruption from the status quo.
- Works to build "outside the box" ideas to develop and close new business.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do well here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay with unlimited earning potential. We want the best.
- Lead a topnotch sales team, which is supported by account managers, digital campaign managers, and more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or equivalent combination of education/experience and/or training
- Lead on assignments and ability to take the lead
- 2+ years in a quota carrying sales role.
- Cold calling experience and new business development
- Meeting revenue goals
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer an extremely competitive compensation plan that rewards top performers and offers uncapped incentives, career growth opportunities and continuous training with a focus on becoming the best in sales. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top