Digital Marketing Associate
San Jose, CA, USA Req #7574
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Digital Marketing Associate is paramount to the operational support for ReachLocal's sales teams and enablement of our client's online advertising efforts.This position leverages ReachLocal's proprietary technologies, best practice processes, intellectual creativity, and organizational knowledge to generate high value for our clients and sales consultants.
The Digital Marketing Associate requires exceptional customer focus, outstanding organizational and time management skills, and an ability to multitask in a sales environment.The Digital Marketing Associate role is a team-oriented position that encourages collaboration and effective communication skills.Digital Marketing Associates are expected to work effectively in a group setting and are measured on the performance of their team.They must be flexible and be able to multitask across a variety of tasks and activities.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Strong proficiency in customer relationship management, online search and display advertising techniques and ReachLocal proprietary technologies are required.
- Assisting the Regional Sales Manager (RSM), Internet Marketing Consultants (IMCs) and Digital Marketing Consultants (DMC) with client development activities
- Assisting the RSM with day to day operations of the local sales office
- Reporting, forecasting, and utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- Assisting the RSM, IMC an DMCs with contractual issues
- Providing instruction to end advertisers on product capabilities and how various products incorporate into their overall online presence
- Maintaining a strong level of knowledge in online media and its impact on their local market
- Build rapport with client representatives and marketing staffs through routine and scheduled interactions
- Assist IMC and DMCs in developing & advising on marketing strategies by understanding client expectations, assessing feasibility and identifying marketing and advertising opportunities for our clients
- Troubleshoot performance issues using digital advertising best practices while creating new, innovative solutions to meet the changing needs of our clients
- Incorporate constantly evolving technologies and processes into the client solution delivery process
- Ability to quickly master business process, marketing and technology concepts
- Demonstrated expertise in customer relationship management
- Mastery of key technologies and systems to manage digital marketing campaigns
- Advanced capabilities to effectively manage digital advertising campaigns -Search, Display, Marketing Management Systems etc.
- Strong technical skills to establish, assess, modify/adjust, and routinely improve marketing campaigns over their lifecycle
- Demonstrated expertise with digital marketing publishing systems & processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer Focus
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Process and Technology Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Sales Acumen
- Bachelor's Degree in General Business, Marketing, Sales or Advertising
- 3+ years of business to business sales or customer service experience preferred
- 1+ years hands-on experience managing online/digital advertising campaigns preferred
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top