- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA • Virtual Req #14338
Monday, March 8, 2021
USA TODAY seeks an editor to work in a fast-paced, 24/7 news environment. The editor will be part of USA TODAY's Money/Tech/Travel teams working in conjunction with the Audience team. This editor's work will focus primarily on USA TODAY's digital, mobile and social platforms. The candidate must be a self-starter, demonstrate strong news judgment, work well with colleagues across disciplines, have prior digital news experience and experience with social media and building audiences.
The editor will specialize in finding and cultivating audience for USA TODAY's stories, photos, videos, graphics and other content, and optimizing them for different social/digital platforms as well as create original content for social/mobile platforms. The editor will also work on mobile and desktop programming, will write daily and will do additional content creation as news and needs warrant.
Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of audience metrics and engagement tactics. This role could include night and weekend work. USA TODAY recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. EOE.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least three years of experience working with social media for a daily news organization
• Aggressive mobile and desktop programming skills
• Excellent news judgment
• Top-notch writing and headline-writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent copy editing skills
• Understanding of search engine optimization
• Prior reporting, writing experience not required, but preferred
• Prior experience with digital publishing and packaging
• Ability to edit and produce digital content packages
• An understanding of metrics for digital, social environments
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top