Digital Content Creator - Golfweek
- McLean, VA
McLean, VA, USA Req #10705
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Golfweek Digital Content Creator
• Create timely, relevant written content on an aggressive news desk by accepting and quickly executing story assignments, monitoring news sources and identifying possible subjects to cover, writing enticing headlines, selecting proper complementary content such as photos and video, and crafting social media messaging that draws traffic and followers
• Coordinate with the Managing Editor, Golfweek/USA Today Network colleagues and the Golfweek/USA Today Network digital team on best practices for the display and distribution of content
• Solid news judgment and ability to think quickly and act appropriately under high pressure
• Strong knowledge and passion for golf, and what content drives fan interest
• Demonstrated proficiency in using social media tools, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Experience effectively working with corporate accounts a plus.
• As assigned, edit content from Golfweek/USA Today Network content creators and team insiders to ensure a consistent and appropriate voice, tone and appearance that speaks with our fans.
• Participate in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operation
• Ensure all content, regardless of platform, meets Golfweek/USA Today Network standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Proven writing and editing skills, in terms of quality and proficiency, with demonstrated knowledge of AP style and SEO best practices. Experience producing aggregated content and editing stories in a fast-paced news environment is a plus.
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently as needed but also is able to work effectively within a team environment
• 5 years digital media experience; + in golf industry
• BA/BS in Communications, Journalism or related field, or related experience
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be willing to work Saturday and Sunday, nights and holidays
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top