DevOps Specialist (Contract 6+ months) - Montreal (2-3 days remote possibility)
- Montreal, Canada
Montreal, QC, Canada Req #10740
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our core team. In this position you'll be responsible for the care and feeding of a medium sized AWSCloud Environment. You'll provide guidance on cloud infrastructure, monitoring and alerting, networking, and security. You'll also be responsible for the maintenance of several internal tools used by our application developers.
Our ideal applicant will have a good working knowledge of diagnostic tooling for network connectivity, AWS experience, and at a working knowledge of containers and Kubernetes. They will also be cost conscious and work to keep cloud expenditure as low as possible, and always be looking to reduce spend and/or do more with the same spend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and discussion to the core team regarding cloud infrastructure.
- Administration and Maintenance of our AWS accounts
- Provide diagnostic and debugging support relating to infrastructure (Disk Pressure, Network Pressure, CPU pressure)
- Maintenance of our Deployment Application
- Maintenance of self-hosted Grafana instance with internally hosted data sources: Graphite, Influx DB, RDS
- Responsibility for maintaining Metrics agents on EC2 machines for New Relic integration
- Responsibility for maintaining logging agents on EC2 machines for Sumologic integration
- Providing guidance and implementation details for Kubernetes as well guiding teams on creating Kube manifests.
- Providing general infrastructure expertise in environments with changing priorities.
Skills and Requirements
- Computer Science Degree/Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps or System Administration in a cloud environment
- Expert level AWS experience (Certification preferred but not required)
- Proficiency with IP networking.
- Proficient with Docker
- Proficient with Kubernetes in a hosted environment (GKE)
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tooling (Ansible, Terraform preferred)
- Experience with MongoDB administration
It would be great if you are familiar with
- Experience with Jenkins/hosted CI tooling
- Experience with hosted Metrics/logging providers
What SweetIQ Offers
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our teams that way!
The number one SweetIQ benefit is collaborating with passionate people who love what they do and love getting the job done. We foster a dynamic and empowering work environment - with mentoring, plenty of growth opportunities, and where a culture of diversity and inclusion are promoted.
Here's are some other great things we've got going on:
- Flexible time-off
- Great downtown location - straight to train or metro!
- And if you prefer to travel, on wheels instead of rails - we have indoor bike parking as well!
- Subsidized Public Transportation (STM and RTM).
- Wellness incentives - including $420 of fitness allowance yearly, massage therapy, and more!
- Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio.
- Caffeine on tap (almond milk too!), fresh fruit baskets, healthy snacks and more.
- Fun & friendly work environment!
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top