DevOps Specialist (Contract 6+ months) - Montreal (2-3 days remote possibility)
- Montreal, Canada
Montreal, QC, Canada Req #10740
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and small/medium sized business resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. ( NYSE : GCI ).
Position D escription
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our core team. In this posi tion y o u'll be responsibl e for the care and feeding of a medium si zed AWS Cloud Environment. You'll provide guidance on cloud infrastructure, monitorin g and alerting, networking, and security. You'l l also be responsible fo r the maintenance of several internal tools used by our application developers.
Our ideal applicant will have a good working knowledge of diagnostic tooling for network connectivity, AWS experience, and at a working knowledge of containers and Kubernetes. They will also be cost conscious and work to keep cloud expenditure as low as possible, and always be looking to reduce spend and/or do more with the same spend.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing guidance and discussion to the core team regarding cloud infrastructure.
- Administration and Maintenance of our AWS accounts
- Provide diagnostic and debugging support relating to infrastructure (Disk Pressure, Network Pressure, CPU pressure)
- Maintenance of our Deployment Application
- Maintenance of self-hosted Grafana instance with internally hosted data sources: Graphite, Influx DB, RDS
- R esponsibility for m aintaining Metrics agents on EC2 machines for New Relic integration
- Responsibility for maintaining logging agents on EC2 machines for Sumologic integration
- Providing guidance and implementation details for Kubernetes as well guiding teams on creating Kube manifests.
- Providing general infrastructure expertise in environments with changing priorities.
- Computer Science Degree/Diploma or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps or System Administration in a cloud environment
- Expert level AWS experience (Certification preferred but not required)
- Proficiency with IP networking.
- Proficient with Docker
- Proficient with Kubernetes in a hosted environment ( GKE )
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tooling (Ansible, Terraform preferred)
- Experience with MongoDB administrati on
- Experience with Jenkins/hosted CI tooling
- Experience with hosted Metrics/logging providers
We love collaboration, desire and commitment - so we've built our teams that way!
The number one SweetIQ benefit is collaborating with passionate people who love what they do and love getting the job done. We foster a dynamic and empowering work environment - with mentoring, plenty of growth opportunities, and where a culture of diversity and inclusion are promoted.
Here's are some other great things we've got going on:
- Flexible time - off
- Great downtown location - straight to train or metro!
- And if you prefer to travel, on wheels instead of rails - we have indoor bike parking as well!
- Subsidized Public Transportation (STM and RTM).
- Wellness incentives - including $420 of fitness allowance yearly, massage therapy, and more!
- Access to free yoga classes and discounts at YMCA and Energy Cardio.
- Caffeine on tap (almond milk too!), fresh fruit baskets, healthy snacks and more.
- Fun & friendly work environment!
Back to top