Colorado, USA • Denver, CO, USA Req #17350
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Denver Broncos beat reporter
The USA TODAY Network, which includes more than 260 local news organizations and the flagship USA TODAY, is seeking an NFL reporter in Denver for a new subscription-based digital sports experience. The ideal candidate is plugged into the Denver Broncos beat with experience covering the league and has cultivated a network of sources. He or she will specialize in breaking news, unique enterprise and smart analysis, surfacing this content in stories, videos and other media. The candidate must be adept in leveraging social media to drive readership and loyalty and promote the brand. He or she should have a passion for building a community of sports fans and engaging them in conversations around what's trending and what's being debated on the beat. The ability to collaborate and work as part of a team of editors and reporters across the USA TODAY Sports Network is a must.
*This role will include morning, night and/or weekend work.
The ideal candidate should have:
• Experience covering the NFL and strong relationships with league and team officials, coaches, players and agents
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Ability to write breaking news, enterprise and analysis
- Ability to perform at a high level on deadline
- Ability to work not only independently but also as a key contributor to team/network projects
- Strong understanding of audience analytics and how to use them to drive content decisions
- Experience appearing on video and contributing to podcasts
- Bachelor's in communications, journalism, digital media or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience working in a news organization
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.