Data Quality Control Analyst
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Data Quality Control Analyst
The Gannett Audience Platform Group is seeking a Quality Control analyst to join our Data Solutions department, a central team delivering big data and warehousing products to our internal stakeholders in Marketing, Sales and Product. We believe our data is only as valuable as its quality, and we are looking for someone who shares this mindset, and has the skills to help us deliver. In this position you will work alongside a joint team of 10 data warehouse developers, data engineers and data scientists, working in a Hadoop and Redshift environment, running on AWS. You'll not only have the opportunity to learn new and evolving technologies, but also make an impact on the availability and use of data instrumental to the efficient operation of one of the largest news companies in the world.
- Working with existing team help implement quality control processes
- Monitor ETL jobs and datasets for delivery and quality of data
- Work with tools such as SQL, New Relic and Outlier.ai to identify data quality concerns, and help troubleshoot root causes
- Perform application support as needed with help from larger team
- Work as an independent contributor to the Data Solutions team
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of degree and relevant experience
- 2+ years of growing responsibility around quality assurance, preferably using automation tools
- Strong SQL skills
- Exposure to scripting (Python, Powershell, or similar) and familiarity with automation tooling
- A good understanding of the SDLC and how it applies in a data context
- Strong communication skills
- Agile work environment experience
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top