- Cambridge, MA
Cambridge, MA, USA Req #10427
Thursday, February 27, 2020
Reviewed/reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is seeking a Data Engineer to help shape the direction of our editorial e-commerce efforts and to make better decisions with data. You'll be part of a growing team and your work will benefit millions of users on the USA TODAY Network.
We live by our mission: To help people buy the best stuff and get the most out of the stuff they own. Our recommendations and advice are trusted by millions because we put in the hard work of rigorous testing and helpful, shareable stories that speak to a mass audience.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the data pipelines and creating a data visualization strategy. In addition, you will work closely with other members of the data team and organization to build out our holistic data platform and help use data to drive company-wide decisions.
The Data Engineer works in Cambridge, MA, but remote is a possibility for the right candidate.
- Create data models and processes for measuring e-commerce, advertising, and product development efforts.
- Work closely with the product engineering team to make sure all new features are properly capturing data.
- Define best practices and new processes to collect, analyze, and manage data.
- Troubleshoot data discrepancies; resolve and articulate them.
- Develop and produce KPI dashboard, daily, weekly and monthly reports, and forecasts for core KPIs.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Engineering, MIS or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have 2+ years working as a Data Engineer.
- Experience building and maintaining data pipelines.
- Experience working with affiliate marketing platforms and web analytics.
- Mastery of SQL.
- You have a working knowledge of BI tools like Google Data Studio and Tableau.
- You have a logical, problem-solving mentality.
- You have a strong understanding of data modeling concepts and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to communicate not just raw data but what the data means to various non-technical audiences.
- You are creative, flexible, eager to learn, and able to work productively in a multi-project, deadline-driven environment.
- Experience in the digital media industry is a strong plus.
How to Apply:
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
- Your resume - one to two pages.
- A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job.
It is important that these items be assembled into a single document and uploaded in PDF format. Completing these steps will ensure that your application receives the highest consideration.
Our Work Environment:
The majority of work takes place in a test lab, with several smaller labs for various product categories. Your desk space is in an open, shared area. You're expected to be accessible to the team throughout the day via face-to-face communication, email, phone, and Slack. Occasional travel may be required to meet with other teams in the USA TODAY Network and to cover news and events.
Here's what we have to offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and the contributions you make, up to the first 5% are eligible for a 100% Company match! As a part of Reviewed, you'll also have a first look at cutting edge tech and great new products.
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That's where we can help. Reviewed brings consumers the most trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is part of the USA TODAY Network, one of the largest news networks in the country, reaching over 133 million monthly unique visitors.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top