Data Analyst - Human Resources
Gannett People Team
The People Analytics Team services customers by designing, developing, and deploying analytic solutions across the enterprise. Analytic solutions include ad-hoc reports, dashboards, data queries, standardized reports, organizational studies, and survey development/analysis. These solutions are developed from a range of HR software products (Ceridian, Engagement Survey Portal, Nobscot, SuccessFactors, SPSS, SurveyMonkey, and Tableau) as well as MS Office (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word). The team is also responsible for creating analytics training and standard operating procedures, developing analytics newsletters/communications, and identifying analytic process improvements.
The People Data Analyst will translate customer requirements and support the full range of analytic solutions. They will serve as a People Analytics expert, owning customer relationships across the organization and enabling data driven decision making. The position is based in Tyson's Corner, VA and reports into the VP, HR Operations.
- Assist with background analysis and benchmarking for organizational studies
- Design, develop, and deploy dashboards, standardized, and ad-hoc reports
- Deliver high quality, timely, accurate and relevant analytic solutions
- Develop analytics training, standard operating procedures, and newsletters/communications
- Identify analytic process improvements and complete necessary changes to improve operations
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns from the analysis and create summary reports for clients
- Translate business requirements into analytic solutions for clients across the enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Statistics, or similar discipline and 2-4 years of related experience. Master's degree preferred.
- Required experience in reporting, statistics, metrics and analytics (Preferred within the HR domain)
- Required strong knowledge of and experience with Excel functions, statistical formulas, pivot tables and v-lookups
- Preferred experience in various types of analytic tools—report designers (HRIS Cloud report writer), visualization tools (Tableau), and statistics tools (SPSS)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to translate business requirements into quantitative analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required as well as the ability to effectively explain analysis and metrics to all levels in the organization
- Ability to handle sensitive HR information with high degree of confidentiality and discretion
- Preferred experience with building predictive analytic models (regression, decision trees)
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top