Customer Service Representative
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
We are seeking motivated and conscientious individuals to fill Full-Time positions. This position is responsible for answering calls in an inbound call center environment. You will be required to address the needs of the caller by establishing rapport and building trust with professionalism and courtesy. In this position, you will not only be required to provide accurate information about products and services, but you must demonstrate the ability to recognize a sales opportunity by finding a need, recommending a solution, and closing the sale. You must demonstrate enthusiasm for the position while maintaining productivity goals of the department and meeting quality, sales, and customer service standards. We put a premium on personal integrity, teamwork, accountability, problem solving, a strong work ethic, excellent communication skills and winning.
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Respond to customers in a professional and positive manner
- Handle constant call flow without rest between calls
- Constantly operates a computer
- Flexibility; scheduling is based on business/seasonal need
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere, act and behave in a manner that promotes a positive experience for customers, clients, co-workers and management
- Be ready for work every day at prescribed time; punctuality is a must
- Promotes, sells, and upsells current customers on upgraded products
- Enters subscriber data into the system, updating information as necessary (i.e. address changes, email addresses, subscription payments, complaints, starts, stops, vacation requests)
- Maintains a thorough understanding of supported products and services
- Must meet or exceed corporate key performance sales metrics
- Maintains schedule adherence
- Other essential tasks as assigned
- Proven success working on a computer, navigating through multiple applications
- Professional e-mail etiquette, strong written (typing) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to sell the value of all our products
- Ability to multi-task while handling customer calls
- Technical aptitude in Windows®, Internet browsers, and email required
- Ability to educate customers on product features and benefits
- Outstanding conflict resolution, problem solving, and negotiation abilities required
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years of age at time of hire
- Must pass a customer service test and a typing test maintaining at least 20 wpm
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top