Customer Care Rep. - Part-Time
Michigan.com, Michigan's Largest Media Marketing Company, part of the USA TODAY NETWORK, and the leader in delivering engaging news and information, has an immediate opening for a Part Time Customer Care Representative position based at our Sterling Heights Operations Facility (located at 16 Mile (Metroparkway) and Mound).
At Michigan.com, our formula is simple - We combine the largest news and information audience in the state with the top multi-platform marketing experts to provide businesses with a single partner with one purpose, to help them grow. We deliver the trusted brands of Michigan's largest audience, including the Detroit Free Press/freep.com, The Detroit News/detroitnews.com, O&E Media/hometownlife, Livingston Daily Press & Argus, Lansing State Journal, Battle Creek Enquirer, and Port Huron Times Herald, combined with proven research, creative, strategy and marketing expertise.
- This position is responsible for answering calls from internal and external customers and to assist on a variety of issues such as: new subscriptions, delivery issues, invoice questions, e-edition troubleshooting questions, vacation holds, payments, stop calls and "other" calls.
- The Customer Care Representative is also responsible for meeting specific sales and service expectations as well as time adherence on phone calls.
- A minimum of one year previous customer service and/or telephone sales experience required.
- Excellent customer service orientation, sales and communication skills required with the ability to type 25 w.p.m.
- Must have basic computer skills and an understanding of Internet web browsers.
- This position is 24 hours per week.
- Must be available to work a flexible work schedule including Sundays from 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon.
- Pay rate is $12.38 per hour with the opportunity to earn additional pay incentives.
USA TODAY NETWORK is one of the top 20 digital companies in the country, sharing the list with Google, Facebook, and Amazon. And we have over 100 million unique visitors a month, which is more than Buzzfeed, Yahoo News, and Huffington Post. Because our team consists of over 110 local properties with USA TODAY at the helm, you'll have the luxury of living in a community you love while making a national impact.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top