Content Strategy Analyst
Content Strategy Analyst, Ohio
The Ohio region of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a data-minded leader who can connect our newsroom to key audiences by combining digital analytics with strategy and implement training and best practices within the news operation.
This is about more than reports and spreadsheets. The strategist will exercise top-tier judgment in translating data points into actionable insights. They'll work with editors and scores of journalists across their region to develop tactics, teach reporters and configure beats to ensure our news teams are focused on the powerful work local and national audiences seek. This position will have a key role in ensuring audiences are growing and deeply engaged with our journalism across multiple platforms, including mobile, video and social.
The right candidate deeply understands data tools and knows how to apply their analytical mindset to content. But it's just as important that they understand how the data relates to modern digital journalism, newsroom deployment, engagement and audience development. Help us ensure the future of journalism is strong and that our newsrooms continue to evolve to meet the needs of a growing digital audience.
- Successful applicants will have a bachelor's degree in data or business analytics, economics, marketing, research or related field.
- Ideal candidates will have 5-8 years of experience, although we're open to less experience if there is a strong track record of digital analytics within a media organization.
- Candidates need to understand tools such as Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics, have strong communication and presentation ability and advanced skill in Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience with a digital, print or television news operation is preferred, as is previous experience validating, collecting and interpreting data.
- The position will involve remote meetings and telepresence, but some regional travel will be required.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top