The Mobile Strategist reports to the News Director and works with content and audience teams to build loyal and returning audience on lohud.com's mobile, social and video platforms by developing, curating and scheduling compelling news, information and video of interest to audiences. This position is integral to positioning the lohud.com mobile site as a dominant force for text, video and interactive content.
This person emphasizes timely delivery of breaking or developing news, and content full of insight and unique information; strategizes plans to tailor engaging content for audiences on appropriate platforms with a goal of boosting the number of loyal and returning visitors; builds audience engagement through content choices, particularly through promotion of short, informative video. Pays close attention to metrics, particularly audience visits and engaged time spent with content. Helps develop innovative approaches to content.
- Assigns, edits and curates lohud.com mobile content with a special focus on immediacy, unique, insightful content and video
- Executes overarching strategy for digital audience growth.
- Coordinates with content editors and audience team and others to identify compelling interactive content for mobile devices and ensure such content is high quality.
- Celebrates mobile successes and uses them to educate lohud journalists on best practices.
- Participates in community events for networking, branding and promotional purposes to set the example of the importance of being plugged into the communities we serve.
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelor's in Communications, Journalism or equivalent in experience and education.
or college degree in a related field
- Newsroom leadership experience with a proven track record of effective execution
- Experience understanding digital audiences' interests and needs, and shaping content to
- Ability to use metrics to identify avenues for growing digital reach.
- Knowledge of digital production tools and of social media.
- Knowledge of video editing and production
- Knowledge of digital publishing tools, of effective video storytelling, of social media
techniques to build audience.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top