Consumer Insights Analyst
Consumer Insights Analyst
Works with Senior Manager and Director to help position Gannett's local platforms as a leader in the marketplace. Monitors key business and audience trends, develop insights and integrate into compelling stories that will be used for marketing, editorial development, and sales and product development purposes. Requires use of syndicated, proprietary and internal resources to understand all aspects of the Gannett local audiences, including demographics, psychographics and buying behaviors, across all business platforms. Strong analytical, presentation, critical thinking skills required. Project management skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal clients to drive value.
- Retrieve, analyze and interpret syndicated and proprietary research data for marketing, advertising sales personnel and management
- Monitor key category tends and develop category overviews
- Develop sales collateral of key research learnings and audience metrics for regular use in sales and marketing materials
- Develop a solid understanding of the competitive advertising and digital audience environments of all Gannett platforms, assist in the development of analyses and action plans that support sales efforts
- Conduct data analysis to clearly and concisely present the results to management, sales personnel and/or associate analysts
- Be proactive in identifying, analyzing and recommending solutions to client and departmental challenges
- Work effectively as part of a local team with responsibilities that span several markets
- Participate in project work as directed by Senior Manager/Director
- Other duties as Assigned
- College education with emphasis on business administration, marketing, research or social science disciplines
- 5+ Years working experience in media research/planning/strategy using syndicated and proprietary data
- Extensive working experience with digital and mobile research data
- Extensive working experience with on-line/off-line media data retrieval systems
- Extensive working experience with data visualization or mapping tools such as Tableau, Excel (advanced tools), MapInfo (or other GIS tools)
- Must be able to convert raw research data into a visually-rich story
- Extensive working experience with syndicated research services such as: Nielsen, comScore, Scarborough, MRI, Moody's, Kantar, etc.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top