Asbury Park, NJ 07712, USA • Asheville, NC, USA • Ashland City, TN 37015, USA • Bergenfield, NJ, USA • Bethany Beach, DE, USA • Clarksville, TN, USA • Dickson, TN, USA • Evansville, IN, USA • Fort Myers, FL, USA • Greenville, SC, USA • Jackson, MS, USA • Jackson, TN, USA • Knoxville, TN, USA • Lafayette, LA, USA • Manhattan, New York, NY, USA • McLean, VA, USA • Melbourne, FL, USA • Memphis, TN, USA • Milwaukee, WI, USA • Monroe, LA, USA • Naples, FL, USA • Nashville, TN, USA • New York, NY, USA • Port St. Lucie, FL, USA • Rochester, NY, USA • Shreveport, LA, USA • Springfield, MO, USA • Stuart, FL, USA • Tucson, AZ, USA • Ventura, CA, USA • Vero Beach, FL, USA • Virtual Req #19553
Friday, November 5, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
Human Resources - Compensation Consultant
Gannett is seeking a Compensation Consultant who will be responsible for providing comprehensive consultative and analytical guidance to employees, management, and HR in the idea generation, design, management and implementation of divisional and company-wide compensation programs and processes. She/he will need to possess in-depth knowledge and experience in providing effective guidance and solutions, both complex and routine in nature. This position is a respected partner with the business and HR.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design, creation, administration, and maintenance of divisional and company-wide competitive, cost-effective, and internally equitable compensation programs including but not limited to base pay administration, incentive plans (including sales commission plans), and recognition plans, ensuring alignment with business objectives and overall organizational goals and strategies.
- Serve as an experienced resource and trusted consultant to HR and management in the development of effective compensation strategies, processes, and programs.
- Manage compensation related projects as assigned, including but not limited to: compensation structure reviews and updates; market pricing analysis; job classification analysis; merit planning; bonus and commission planning; creation of new incentive plans; updating and evaluating existing incentive plans; integration activities related to mergers and acquisitions; and other projects as needed.
- Support in the development and delivery of training programs, materials, resources, and tools to facilitate the implementation and execution of compensation programs.
- Assure internal equity and external competitiveness of the organization's compensation programs through strategic monitoring of business conditions, legal requirements and understanding of industry best practices.
- Identify and respond to HR and business client compensation needs, projects, and issues; enhances and/or designs programs to address them.
- Develop and/or participate in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine competitive position.
- Conduct job evaluations by analyzing job responsibilities, activities, duties, requirements, and organizational structure and recommend internal job level, title, and FLSA classification.
- Review offers and develop compensation packages for internal and external hires.
- Implement, administer, and contribute to the annual compensation planning processes, including involvement with budget planning and analysis.
- Work closely with Finance and Accounting to ensure accurate accounting and accruals are maintained.
- Assist management as needed in day-to-day activities and/or special compensation or research projects.
- Ensure compliance of all compensation programs with federal and state regulations and support periodic audits of salaries to identify any potential problems or non-compliance issues.
- Provide input and recommendations in setting the compensation philosophy and practices that align with the company's mission and objectives.
- Work with internal and external auditors as needed. May help in drafting SOX controls and responding to audit requests as needed.
- Provide subject matter expertise and content for compensation related sections of the employee internal portal (intranet).
- Other duties and responsibilities as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of compensation related experience.
- World at Work membership or Certified Compensation Professional certification a plus.
- Solid knowledge of laws, trends, and developments in compensation, including relevant best practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen, and high level of attention to detail.
- Experience with HRIS systems (reporting, maintenance, etc.), Ceridian/Dayforce experience a plus.
- Ability to explain difficult issues and work to build consensus, with a customer service approach.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal oversight.
- Ability to make decisions and guide others in making decisions, supporting the Company's mission and compensation philosophy.
- Ability to work with a variety of management levels and as a team member.
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills.
- Creative idea-driver and problem solver.
- Strong organization skills, results driven, detail oriented and quick learner.