Compensation Analyst - Temporary
The Temporary Sales Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting the implementation and administration of various sales compensation programs, plans and processes for Gannett's sales centric clients. Responsibilities include but not limited to report generation and analysis, base pay and sales incentive plan administration support, job evaluations/slotting, market pricing, generation of communication and training materials. This position can be full time or part time hours (30 hours per week).
- Provides support in administering and maintaining company-wide competitive, cost-effective, and internally equitable compensation programs to include serving as the first line for general inquiries from assigned sales centric clients, assist with compensation analysis and ad hoc requests as required.
- Develops, analyses, and prepares recurring HR metric reports and requests for sales centric clients. Prepares and presents statistical reports and incentive plan accruals to Finance on a cyclical basis.
- Audit sales plans and participants for accuracy/audit participants, ensure data is accurate in HRIS system (Dayforce), coordinate changes with the field as necessary.
- Initiate ongoing initiatives to ensure job titles are clean, coordinate updates in Dayforce and ensure all other appropriate documentation is updated and distributed.
- Update documentation as new sales jobs are added to the structure, coordinate entry into HRIS system (Dayforce).
- Update Sales Plans including Corporate, Group Sales, Client Strategy & Marketing Sales plans, assist with standard World Class Sales SIPs and incentive plan calculators.
- Create and distribute individual comp statements for Corp plans, Group Sales, Client Strategy, and National Sales plans, assist with World Class Sales (WCS) signature tracking.
- Handle acknowledgements and plan acceptance and tracking; work with Presidents/Human Resources/Finance to ensure accuracy of participant data.
- Assist in the development of training materials/guides/templates, additional resources and management tools for sales. Works closely with the Recruiting team on drafting offer letter language and templates, as needed
- Assist with the onboarding for new Recruiters/HRBPs as it relates to sales comp tools and resources.
- Handle inquiries from HRBPs, Recruiters regarding sales plans, offer letter language, incentive calculations and explain payouts as needed.
- Provide project support for Sales Comp initiatives to include reports, communication, compensation analysis, etc.
- Create/update job descriptions for new and existing jobs and circulate documents and communication materials
- Maintain guides, conduct on-going/ cyclical training of new managers
- Review, research, and approve daily, Dayforce actions submitted to Compensation for review
- Coordinate the process of submitting bonuses, outside of Dayforce to Payroll, communicate updates to the field
- Prepare Finance and Accounting appropriate information necessary for accruals
- Responsible for maintaining the compensation related sections of the employee internal portal (intranet).
- Creates models for management regarding potential compensation plan changes. Implements new strategies and processes as needed.
- Provides consultation and guidance to HR, supervisors, managers, and employees on Company compensation programs
- Bachelors degree in related field (HR, Business)
- 2-3 years of business related experience or relevant general HR/Finance/Business experience, with a working knowledge of basic HR laws and acumen
- Experience running reports, performing analysis and drafting communications
- Experience working for a large company a plus
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail required
- Strong communication skills with a customer service approach
- Proficient in MS Office, strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS systems (reporting, maintenance, etc.) Ceridian experience a plus
- Ability to work with all levels and as a team member
- Ability to work on own initiative; self-starter
- Creative idea-driver and problem solver
- Strong organization skills
- Good presentation skills
- Flexible / able to adapt to changing environment
- Quick learner
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top