The Compensation Analyst is responsible for supporting the implementation and administration of various compensation programs and processes, including but not limited to base pay administration, annual incentive plans, long term incentives, job evaluations, market pricing, survey submission, and merit processing. The Analyst will report to the Director of Compensation and is based in Tysons Corner, VA.
- Provides support in administering and maintaining company-wide competitive, cost-effective, and internally equitable compensation programs.
- Participates in external compensation surveys and maintains MarketPay system.
- Working closely with various partners, provides detailed market analysis on jobs.
- Develops job descriptions and titles and ensures titling is in compliance with policy and directives.
- Manages and administers compensation programs including short- and long-term bonuses, incentives and other reward programs.
- Creates models for management regarding potential compensation plan changes. Implements new strategies and processes as needed.
- Participates in the management of the annual salary increase and bonus processes for employees, working closely with other members of the Compensation Team and Business Partners, as well as the Payroll and HRIS teams.
- Develops, analyses, and prepares recurring HR metric reports and ad hoc requests. Prepares and presents statistical reports and incentive plan accruals to Finance on a cyclical basis.
- Works closely with the HRIS team to ensure job grades, codes, etc. are properly graded and maintained in systems. Working closely with the HRIS team, responsible for ensuring data integrity with regular audits.
- Provides consultation and guidance to HR, supervisors, managers, and employees on Company compensation programs.
- Ensures compliance of all compensation programs with federal and state regulations; conducts periodic audits of salaries to identify any potential problems or non-compliance issues. Works closely with HRIS team to conduct audits and perform cyclical analyses. Aides in the completion of regulatory compliance reports such as the EEO-1 reports, as needed.
- Works with internal and external auditors as needed. May help in drafting SOX controls and responding to audit requests as needed.
- Assists in preparing and delivering training materials for management and employees in regards to compensation programs.
- Assists in the drafting of compensation related communication materials, letters and templates. Works closely with the Recruiting team on drafting offer letter language and templates, as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the compensation related sections of the employee internal portal (intranet).
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5-7 Years of Compensation related experience or relevant general HR experience, with a working knowledge of basic HR laws and acumen
- Experience running reports, performing analysis and drafting communications
- Experience working for a large company a plus
- Experience working for a public company a plus
- Proficient in MS Office, strong experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HRIS systems (reporting, maintenance, etc.); Ceridian experience a plus
- Knowledge of basic HR laws and acumen
- WAW membership or CCP course work a plus
- Strong analytical skills; attention to detail required
- Strong communication skills with a customer service approach
- Ability to work with all levels and as a team member
- Ability to work on own initiative; self-starter
- Creative idea-driver, problem solver and quick learner
- Strong organization skills, detail oriented and great presentation skills
- Flexible / able to adapt to changing environment
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top