The Collections Specialist collects outstanding payables from assigned publications.
- Responsible for collection of all account 30-120 days' past due
- Prepare and maintain monthly finance/late charge write-off
- Send out past due notices requiring certification
- Basic account reconciliation as needed
- Collection of accounts outside of 30-120-day category as assigned
Minimum of 1-2 collection/call center experience in an automated environment required. Good communication and problem solving/analytical skills are required. Must have demonstrated ability to interpret and implement collection policies and procedures with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment.
List any technical skills (typing, computer skills, etc.) degree of competency required, and other special training or abilities preferred:
- Position requires good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and AS/400 environment.
- Good knowledge of collection policies and procedures
- What behavioral skills are necessary for this position? (fostering team work, customer satisfaction, speaking/writing effectiveness, delivering presentations, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and communications skills to ensure customer satisfaction and strong working relationships with all levels of management.
- Good organizational and time management skills
Describe the requirements of this position that make these factors important:
- Quality Orientation: Ensure high-quality output and good customer service.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to quickly and effectively determine source of problem and appropriate solution and course of action to take.
- Analytical Skills: Needs to be able to determine problems and develop a process to fix it.
- Systems Aptitude: – Proven ability to work with collection/notetaking systems.
- Communication Skills: Oral and written communication skills are required to interact with internal and external customers. Develops and communicates procedures.
- Interpersonal Skills: Important to develop good working relationships with staff and internal and external customers.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a next-generation media company committed to strengthening communities across our network. Through trusted, compelling content and unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of nearly 100 million people monthly. With more than 110 markets internationally, it is known for Pulitzer Prize-winning newsrooms, powerhouse brands such as USA TODAY and specialized media properties. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top