Client Services Manager
Are you a strategic thinker who loves execution and delighting your customers with innovative solutions? Do you thrive in a highly collaborative team environment? Do you strive to understand the latest digital solutions that maximize revenue and demonstrate clear ROI?
The Corpus Christie Caller-Times, a Gannett Co. Inc. company and part of the USA TODAY NETWORK is seeking a Client Services Manager to be responsible for building and leading a high-performance client services team to include sales support and account management dedicated to building relationships with existing clients and executing comprehensive media solutions to large, high-potential advertisers. This position will also oversee the digital optimization team responsible for client results, retention and customer satisfaction. This position has revenue responsibility through the identification of upsell opportunities and reduction of churn by consistently exceeding client expectations and driving results.
As the Client Services Manager, you will be responsible for reinforcing primary objectives, communicating roles, responsibilities and expectations. You'll managing and monitor KPIs and success metrics ensuring the team understands and executes against established expectations. You will continuously develop the skills and knowledge of the team by providing industry tools and resources beyond company provided training promoting independent learning.
In this role you will:
- Work together with the sales management team to meet and/or exceed revenue expectations by maintaining a high awareness and understanding of revenue responsibilities as well as performance to goal.
- Demonstrate deep and broad understanding of the market to include customers, trends and competitors utilizing the information in strategy sessions and coaching with staff.
- Work collaboratively with each member of your team as well as other internal stakeholders with the purpose of driving operational excellence and delivering client ROI and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with local leadership to provide digital product insights & best practices/guidelines
- Manage staff to build sales pipelines staying current on potential closes and wins.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of accounts, prospects and potential setting realistic goals for staff
- Provide the appropriate mix of direction and strategy to staff based on a number of varying factors to ensure new ideas are developed and executed.
- Coach and develop staff through 1:1 conversations, team meetings, training and mentoring.
- Oversee sales support operations to include workflow and process with a focus on exceeding client expectations and maximizing client results.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of educations and experience.
- 3-5 years' experience in Sales Management, media management or marketing. Direct people management strongly preferred.
- Organizing our signature event "Best of the Best", so event management experience is a plus.
- Proven record of successfully leading a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and grow client services organization that exceeds customer expectations and adds value.
- Proven record of maintaining a deep and broad understanding of the market to include competitive media
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as negotiations and influencing skills.
- Strong problem solving, marketing acumen, creativity and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Must have valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation.
Here's what we have to offer:
The Corpus Christi Caller-Times offers the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, customer-focused and digitally driven team. We are an established local brand with a range of resources and customer solutions that no one in our market can match. In partnership with Gannett, our parent company, we offer trusted brands, which allow our customers to connect and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways.
We offer a competitive salary with career growth opportunities. We also offer you a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays, employee discount program and domestic partner benefits. Our 401(k) is topnotch and contributions you make, up to the first 5% eligible for a 100% Company match!
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top