Channel Marketing Specialist
The Channel Marketing Specialist position is responsible for creating, executing and managing subscriber acquisition direct response campaigns to reach channel-specific sales objectives that drive subscription volume and revenue across the USA TODAY NETWORK.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: the day-to-day coordination and execution of cross-channel subscriber acquisition direct response programs.The Channel Marketing Specialist is also responsible for effective communication with all stakeholders cross the network and ensuring the program execution achieves the sales objectives within the expense targets, cost per order and profitability expectations.The work of the Channel Marketing Specialist contributes to each local sites' success in achieving subscription volume goals and revenue.
Additional duties include:
- Lead the collaborative efforts to develop, implement and continually improve the subscriber acquisition direct response campaigns, including but not limited to direct mail, email, free standing inserts and telemarketing channels.
- Own the strategy and execution of the assigned channel-specific subscriber acquisition direct response campaigns, optimizing each channel using A/B and multi-variate testing (ad copy, creative and format, offer, list targeting, calls to action, landing pages).
- Work closely with the individual newspaper(s) and the Hub and Group sales teams, Customer Insights and the creative/campaign deployment partner, as well as with the direct response team, to achieve sales objectives by site.
- Communicate campaign plans and results to the sales teams in a timely manner.
- Position requires candidate to have knowledge of direct marketing tactics and trends of assigned direct response channel, good written and verbal communication skills, strong analytic abilities and problem solving capabilities.
- Make data-driven decisions around campaign effectiveness and spend across channels to drive the most efficient cost per order and meet profitability expectations.
- Identify new trends and capabilities with the goal of optimizing performance of assigned direct response channel.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders at warp speed with a keen eye and attention to detail in a deadline driven environment is essential for the Channel Marketing Specialists to successfully execute campaigns on time, within budget that produce results.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS & Requirements:
- College Degree or experience in Lieu of degree
- Direct marketing experience
- Project manager skills
- Ability to Develop, execute and manage enterprise-wide subscriber acquisition campaigns within the assigned direct response channel to achieving the sales objectives. Campaigns must occur within the expense targets, cost per order and profitability expectations.
- Ability to Optimize the subscriber acquisition direct response initiatives leveraging a disciplined direct marketing approach based on multi-variate test strategies.
- Ability to work with the local site managers on an as needed basis as directed by the Direct Response Channel Manager to assist in driving channel-specific subscription starts.
- Ability to Communicate plans and results across all stakeholder groups.
- Ability to multi task and work with cross functional teams
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top