The Cash Supervisor is responsible for the supervising the cash application and billing clerical staff and associated functions. This staff will process cash receipts and perform billing functions for 100+ business units centralized at the Gannett National Shared Service Center. Responsible for daily processing, coaching and developing staff and ensuring proper audit controls are in place and adhered to. The position is responsible for aiding in the creation of a "billing team" that will consist of tasks and responsibilities that are currently not supported within the department.
Responsibilities & Functions:
-Supervise incoming cash/credit card payments; develop billing team.
-Coordinate daily cash receipts, interfaces between Treasury, Bank Lockbox operations, credit card software and the Accounts Receivable department.
• -Supervise, coach and develop cash application and billing staff members
• -Manage daily triple balancing of all cash receipts
• -Track and resolve credit card chargeback disputes
• -Research unidentified cash, NSF checks
• -Assist with site and functional implementations into the Shared Service Center
• -Provide cash posting information to business units on a daily basis
• -Work closely with management and staff to identify and execute upon process improvement opportunities, specifically focused on efficiency, effectiveness and standardization
• -Assist with cash account reconciliations
• -Supervise accounts receivable posting to customer accounts, maintaining the integrity of the accounts receivable records and accuracy of cash application
• -Review and approve adjustments
• -Actively facilitate the development of the Billing Team
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SYSTEMS COORDINATION:
• -Address all internal and external customer queries on a timely basis
• -Work with other credit, billing and customer service departments to resolve customer disputes/queries
• -Maintain relationships with outside vendors, including but not limited to banking contacts, credit card software companies, lockbox companies
• -Troubleshoot system issues, involving corporate or local IT when necessary
• -Maintain business unit relationships
• -Provide End User training for the shared service center and sites
• -Ensure the company is complying with all credit card protection laws
Solid experience with Accounts Receivable and Cash Applications Systems. Strong understanding of invoicing, including error corrections, cash applications, credit card transactions, banking interfaces and strong reconciliation skills. Individual will possess good interpersonal and communications skills to ensure customer satisfaction and strong working relationships with all internal and external customers. Strong supervisory skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment. Problem solving/analytical skills are required. Individual must also have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools and iSeries (AS/400) environment would be preferred. Highly organized, able to create and manage processes, excellent attention to detail needed.
A Bachelor's degree in a business related concentration is preferred. Minimum 5 years cash application or accounts receivable experience. Supervisory experience needed. Shared service experience desirable.
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Steven serves as a point person of contact with businesses in local markets. He works with partner organizations to determine how USA TODAY can help them be successful.
Back to top