By The Numbers Reporter
York, PA, USA Req #8416
Wednesday, June 12, 2019
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, SweetIQ, and United Kingdom media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
The York Daily Record, part of Gannett Inc. and the USA TODAY NETWORK, is looking for a By the Numbers reporter. We are looking for someone who is a journalist at heart but has the data know-how to scrape websites, build data visualizations and do cutting edge-storytelling. This person would drive up quick hits, lists and roundups, along with enterprise and investigative work. Climate change and its impact are part of the beat.
- The right candidate will have a demonstrated ability to learn new programs and expand their skills. We are looking for a reporter with a passion for reporting and breaking stories of consequence. And we are looking for someone who can tell great stories and write clearly.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field.
• A proven track record of advancing major enterprise and investigative projects, and creating data visualizations.
• A demonstrated ability to continue to learn and develop skills.
• This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you fit this role. When you apply, don't limit your upload to a resume; show us what you've done. To do so, put together a single document file that includes the following, in this order:
• Your updated resume, plus a cover letter that outlines why you are a fit and how you would approach the job
• Links to 3-6 online samples of your work. Show us what you've written, produced, or had a hand in that best reflects what you can do in your desired role.
Gannett Co., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top