- Nashville, TN
Nashville, TN, USA Req #10298
Friday, February 21, 2020
The Tennessean is seeking an experienced reporter to join its business desk in booming Nashville. The successful candidate will break news daily on the projects, deals and business trends that are rapidly changing the face of the city, with a sharp focus on how this evolution impacts the people who call Music City home. The writer who joins our award-winning business team will have video and social media expertise, and a passion for storytelling.
The ideal candidate produces smart, context-filled stories and other content on tight deadlines and understands the difference in writing for various platforms. This position requires a versatile journalist equally skilled in building and working sources on breaking news stories as well as developing and reporting new angles on trending topics.
The successful candidate will:
- Report and deliver a steady stream of news stories to growing audience that looks to The Tennessean as the definitive source of business news in Nashville and across the state.
- Put a human face on the news, approaching the beat through the lens of prosperity -- who has it, who doesn't and why.
- Bring a digital mindset to the beat, using social media savvy to bring news to readers where they are. That means employing real-time metrics to respond to audience demand and reader interest.
- Use live video to spotlight breaking news and high-interest events.
- Provide thoughtful analysis of complex issues, and produce watchdog journalism that leads to change.
- Act as a public ambassador through community outreach and connect with readers through social media platforms.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or related discipline
- At least five years of reporting experience
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to produce accurate and detailed content in a competitive environment
- Expertise with all major social media platforms
- Video production skills a plus
- Application Instructions: Your updated resume, paired with a cover letter and links to your work will ensure you receive the highest consideration. Please combine these materials into a single document, as our application only allows for one document upload.
About the Tennessean:
The Tennessean is proud to be a part of Gannett and the USA TODAY NETWORK. We are an energetic and fast-paced media company with a news team committed to covering Middle Tennessee. If you're looking for a rewarding challenge, the Tennessean, among the fastest growing digital news sites, is the place to be.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top