Business Development, Strategic Accounts
Chicago, IL, USA, McLean, VA, USA Req #4731
Monday, December 17, 2018
LOCALiQ is the marketing solution from the USA TODAY NETWORK providing businesses the smarter way to reach local customers. As local marketing becomes more complex, LOCALiQ empowers local businesses with unique insights from 125 million consumers in our network of sites, apps and experiences and learnings from millions of local leads delivered each year. We couple that with end to end service from our experts using local marketing best practices proven across the country. LOCALiQ simplifies local marketing and provides our clients the confidence of growing.
Our core values: Community, Progress through Passion, Action with Purpose and Belief in People. If you share these values, come join our family!
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Sales, the Business Development Account Executive, Strategic Accounts will focus on a go-to-market strategy to drive digital revenue growth within Strategic Accounts. The ideal candidate will have delivered results in both "traditional" and "new" media environments and have experience selling complex solutions to national and/or franchise accounts at the corporate level.
This is an opportunity to be part of The USA TODAY Network enterprise wide solutions sales team that will drive a retail industry transformation. Our team is tasked with building the strongest portfolio in the industry that will provide end-to-end digital marketing, wholesale and commerce solutions for strategic account segment customers. You will be part of an elite team across Gannett working to develop exceptional business solutions for our clients so they can focus on what matters most to them - growing their business. Our teams capitalize on the utilization of data, leveraging for retention and strategic selling opportunities to grow revenue. In-depth knowledge of the B2B, B2C, Furniture, Hospitality, Healthcare and Retail industries is a plus but a proven track record to move the revenue needle is a must. We are looking for someone that can demonstrate their initiative, resourcefulness and ingenuity along with high level of strategy coupled with strong sales background.
This can be based in Phoenix, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York or Washington DC.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across product, client services, client solutions and sales operations to strengthen and elevate strategic relationships with regional and national brands.
- Drive multi-media marketing solutions sales focusing on the critical large, local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Identify the needs of client and agency partners through discussions of their objectives and strategies, and collaborate with client solutions to develop advertising opportunities to meet them. This includes, but is not limited to, planning and participating in special event functions that impact revenue, developing advertising prospects, active participation in business organizations and industry groups that lend to the business growth areas.
- Maintain a high awareness and understanding of the market and the competition to all goals and targets. Develop strong sales plans with a clear plan to attack allocated segments/territories.
- Identify complex customer needs and builds custom client solutions that differentiate The USA TODAY NETWORK from competitors.
- Articulate the USA TODAY NETWORK's value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- Leverage multiple USA TODAY NETWORK resources and partners to develop optimal client solutions including print and digital products, emphasizing our digital capabilities.
- Work with C-level clients, corporate and matrix organizations.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or related area
- Minimum 5+ years' sales experience with a proven track record in building and growing a multiple M+ revenue business
- Sales experience with digital marketing products and services preferred
- Proven track record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable strategic accounts environment
- Experience with CRM tools i.e. Salesforce.com
- This role requires a valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance required by state law.
We offer an energized, passionate team within a fun & flexible workplace. An opportunity to work alongside digital leaders and visionaries. We provide an elite benefits package that includes: PTO & Paid holidays, Medical, Dental, 401k, and other benefits.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top