Business Development Associate
Irvine, CA, USA Req #6272
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com .
SweetIQ delivers industry leading location-based marketing software analytics and automation solutions. SweetIQ location and reputation management software enables multi-location brands, marketing agencies, and resellers to manage their location data, measure consumer engagement, and convert online searches to in-store foot traffic. SweetIQ is offered by ReachLocal, a subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI).
About the role
Would you like to take the next step in your sales career with a fast-growing software startup with the backing of Gannett, a billion dollar media company? We are looking for a Business Development Associate to join our growing team in Irvine selling in the North American market. It's a dynamic role built around growing business partnerships with enterprise level, multi-location businesses.
- Create and follow through on potential opportunities generated from leads provided including: cold calling, outbound email, and social networking activities
- Schedule webinars/demos with brands and agencies that meet qualification criteria
- Develop and manage a consistent pipeline of qualified prospective opportunities
- Collaborate with with National Sales Representatives to ensure proper handoff of prospects
- Maintain accurate deal and company information in the CRM
- Consistently meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives
- 1 to 2 years of sales experience in B2B industry, or other relevant agency or digital marketing experience
- Experience using Hubspot, an asset
More About You :
- Experience with Cold calling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to think creatively and drive innovative ideas to a sales team
- Ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- A good understanding of the digital marketing and SaaS type environments is a plus, and SEO (search engine optimization)
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Back to top