Business Development Account Executive
Gannett Imaging and Ad Design Center (GIADC), part of the USA TODAY Network, is a full-service design group, specializing in pre-media services ranging from high-revenue campaigns to imaging and ad production services. Our team is passionate and leads the way in cutting edge design creating effective, eye-catching and impactful campaigns across a variety of platforms including digital, mobile and print.
We are seeking a Business Development Executive responsible for seeking out and developing new business, with a consultative approach to selling. The successful candidate will focus on prospecting and developing a rapport with new clients as well as cultivating and deepening existing relationships. This individual can sit in Des Moines, Iowa or in Indianapolis, Indiana.
In this role, you will:
- Strategically position GIADC as an industry leader in pre-media services by partnering with GIADC leadership team to brainstorm and implement strategies, activities, and negotiations to maximize revenue.
- Prospect clients to significantly increase market share for pre-media services in the publishing/digital industry through research and attending trade shows.
- Assess client needs while negotiating terms and value proposition of the GIADC/GET Creative Studio.
- Manage the entire sales process from pipeline of revenue opportunities to closing business.
- Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with clients through comprehensive follow-up, troubleshooting issues and delivery of excellent services to clients.
- Build and manage relationships with GIADC/GET Creative and ad solutions teams.
- Develop sales materials and partner with the design team, creating assets that assist in the illustration of our solutions to clients.
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's Degree or comparable combination of experience and education
- Three to four years' marketing or sales experience required
- Digital and/or publishing experience strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (MS Word and PowerPoint)
Qualified candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Excellent client management, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to identify current needs of the client utilizing the knowledge to present impactful product or/or service solutions.
- Strong knowledge of targeted industries and markets as they relate to customers, prospects, and key trends.
- Deep understanding of digital media platforms. Publishing experience background a plus.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to execute the sale in face to face client meetings.
- Persistence and self-driven mindset in cold calling and setting appointments.
- Ability to effectively articulate product value propositions to customers.
- Record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable environment, building customer-based revenue and in delivering customer solutions based on identified needs.
What We Offer:
As a part of the USA Today Network, the nation's largest media and marketing solutions company, we offer a dynamic, community-focused environment where individuals are rewarded for exceptional performance. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including health care, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending account, 401(k), paid vacation time, personal and sick leave, and tuition reimbursement. Pre-employment drug testing and background screening are required.
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top