Branded Content Strategist
Welcome to GET Creative – the USA TODAY NETWORK's branded content studio. Do you have a passion for telling great stories and bringing a brand's message to life in unique, organic ways? We're looking for an experienced branded content storyteller and idea generator to join our team as a Content Strategist. This position can be located in any of these locations: New York, NY / McLean, VA.
GET Creative's Content Strategists are deeply involved and integrated into the full spectrum of the team's services and products. From ideation through publishing, the ideal candidate will be able to handle multiple clients/campaigns with ease. High-level organizational skills and collaboration are a must! We're looking for someone with a strong creative mind, a journalistic background, and an ability to create content across platforms (everything from writing an article, to working across teams to create a custom interactive).
As a member of the GET Creative team, the Content Strategist is a storyteller to the core, driving to seek solutions for our partners and execute innovative concepts. GET Creative's Content Strategists will be expected to execute the following tasks and assignments as a contributing member of the team. Please provide examples of your writing and content creation work with your application.
- Brainstorm and ideate creative, custom content concepts for potential clients and partners, both by responding to specific RFPs and coming up with unique proactive pitches.
- Be able to confidently bring ideas to life through the written word for pitches/presentations and via meetings with clients/partners.
- Write engaging copy appropriate for the USA TODAY Network audience and client.
- Cultivate sources and experts/influencers across verticals for use in multiple campaigns.
- Work on multiple campaigns simultaneously, and under deadline, while being flexible to the clients' needs.
- Collaborate actively and constructively in a small team environment.
- Work productively across departments to execute projects and drive success.
- Oversee other content creators, including negotiating rates, copyediting submissions and keeping them on deadline.
- Demonstrate a passion and ability to learn new products, techniques and tools to create compelling and groundbreaking products
- 2-3 years of experience on a branded content team
- 3+ years of copywriting/editing experience at a publisher or agency
- Experience writing/creating content across digital mediums, including but not limited to: articles, infographics, interactives, 2D video, VR video
- Ability to write/create content across topic verticals and organically weave brand messaging throughout compelling copy
- Ability to pivot quickly without losing speed, focus or quality
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of applications including PowerPoint
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Project Manager, People Division
Jade helps streamline operations while keeping tabs on company culture. Her role goes beyond transactional tasks and includes social engagement and Human Resources communication.
Back to top