B2B Advertising Sales Manager
Are you looking for a fun, fast-paced atmosphere that you can thrive and develop your professional skills? Press Citizen Media, a Gannett Co., Inc. and member of the USA TODAY NETWORK, is the local media company where you want to work. We work hard. We play hard. How do we succeed? We succeed by having top talent and continually investing in training to encourage professional growth. Press Citizen Media is home to sales executives and journalists collaborating with our network of marketing masterminds, digital experts, number crunchers and so much more!
We are seeking an innovative Sales Manager to lead and develop a team of Account Executives. Our Account Executives are essential to our success and the success of Sioux Falls and other regional businesses. Our team has a true passion for helping businesses grow through a consultative approach to implementing multi-media advertising strategies & solutions for growing multi-media revenue with a large focus on digital through multi-platform advertising audience solutions (i.e., Facebook, SEO, PPC, SEM, email marketing, mobile marketing, social media, web development, digital display, retargeting and print advertising). The manager must possess strong leadership and strategic thinking skills in development and implementation to drive client results and achieving company planned initiatives and goals.
We offer a robust, rewarding career experience:
- Work with the best: We'll surround you with talented leaders driven toward your success and ours.
- Do good here: Further your career while working to serve the greater good in our community.
- Go big: We'll equip you with the region's best marketing services and solutions, empowering you to deliver unparalleled results to your customers.
- Get paid well: Enjoy base pay well above the market average with unlimited earning potential. We want the best so we are paying the best.
- Get in now: Join the ground floor of a national organization in the midst of rapid transformation to a new and exciting media start-up – an invaluable career experience.
What you will do:
- Ensure our territory account sales force is driving new digital sales (by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions-based selling), up-sell of existing key account advertisers, while driving retention, and minimizing product cannibalization.
- Develop staff through ride-along coaching, participating in client meetings, feedback, training and employee career path opportunities
- Network nationally, regionally, and locally to stay abreast of emerging digital trends, rates and product solutions.
- Utilize a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, the competition, and the client to develop and execute value added strategies that generates business and strengthens our position in the marketplace.
- Develop comprehensive, individual account plans to achieve high level of individual account penetration.
- Manage, oversee, motivate, monitor and assign work, provide leadership, guidance, training, etc. of assigned sales staff.
Signs you may be a great fit for the job:
- You're a battletested competitor and leader with the war stories to prove it.
- When you communicate, people listen. And when you listen, people feel heard.
- You care deeply about your community and have taken steps to make it better.
- You're the natural born leader in any group. And you love stepping up to the plate.
- You're a fearless explorer with an insatiable urge to travel, explore new hobbies and try new things.
- You're a problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex.
- You graduated college with an impressive GPA and an extracurricular life.
Qualified candidates for the position must demonstrate these key competencies:
- History of driving results
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Fundamental AND Challenger sales skills
- Strong two-way communication skills
- Effective collaborator and delegator
- Aptitude or acumen for digital marketing
Here's what you need:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years' sales/marketing experience and 2 years' management.
- Expert knowledge of all facets of advertising including digital sales and marketing.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation) with the ability to influence clients, peers and other appropriate audiences.
- Strong managerial skills (selecting and developing talent; coaching, and teambuilding) and the confidence to challenge the status quo in a professional manner are essential.
What would be a plus?
- Digital Advertising Experience: SEO, SEM, PPC, google AdWords, etc.
- Understanding of SalesForce or similar CRM tool.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Saving Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Employee Discount Program
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Glassdoor, Indeed & The Muse to learn more about our dynamic company culture!
Meet Some of USA TODAY NETWORK's Employees
Miranda’s main goal is creating unique, practical layouts that perfectly pair graphics and content to appeal to users. She considers readability and presentation of magazines paramount.
Back to top