- Tysons Corner, VA
McLean, VA, USA ● Virtual Req #12991
Monday, January 4, 2021
USA TODAY seeks an audience fellow to work in a fast-paced, 24/7 news environment. The editor will be part of USA TODAY's Audience team, working primarily on USA TODAY's digital, mobile and social platforms. The candidate must demonstrate strong news judgment, have prior digital news experience and experience with social media and building audiences.
S/he will specialize in finding a wide audience for USA TODAY's stories, photos, videos, graphics and other content, and optimizing them for different social/digital platforms as well as create original content for social/mobile platforms. The editor will also work on mobile and desktop programming and will write daily and will do additional content creation as news and needs warrant.
The fellow will work collaboratively with editors on the Audience team and remotely with editors on content teams as needed. Candidates should demonstrate a strong understanding of audience metrics and engagement tactics. This role can include early morning, night and weekend work.
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working with social media for a daily news organization
• Aggressive mobile and desktop programming skills
• Excellent news judgment
• Top-notch writing and headline-writing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent copy editing skills
• Thorough understanding of search engine optimization
• Prior reporting, writing experience not required, but preferred
• Prior experience with digital publishing and packaging
• Ability to edit and produce digital content packages
• An understanding of metrics for digital, social environments
USA TODAY recognizes and appreciates the benefits of diversity in the workplace. EOE.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Back to top